To provide a high quality, business focused and cost effective sales support service to the Business Principals and to their clients. The individual will also be required to maintain productivity levels, quality standards and demonstrate a proactive sales approach in all areas of their work.
Key skills required:
- The capability to demonstrate a proactive business focused approach to all areas of work.
- The capability to communicate effectively with people at all levels.
- A working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel and any other software introduced together with procedures introduced to ensure the efficient running of the business.
- Proven organisational and administrative skills.
- The capability to maintain high standards of work and a positive attitude at all times.
- A professional business image at all times both in manner and dress.
- A willingness and desire to develop learn new skills and further enhance levels of assistance available to colleagues and clients.
The key tasks of the role are described as follows:
- To communicate effectively with clients, the advisers and any other employees of the business and demonstrate professional and confident written and telephone skills.
- To carefully listen to / thoroughly understand requests from advisers and clients (both verbal and written) and to question further any unclear areas.
- To explain issues clearly and concisely, without the use of jargon.
- Sales Support
- To prioritise and perform all procedures involved in the acquisition and processing of business for the advisers within specified deadlines in accordance with the customer charter.
- To identify where financial advice is required and refer to the appropriate adviser / arrange meeting with adviser.
- To develop rapport with the clients in all communications, such as they would wish to do business with this organisation both now and in the future.
- To identify and develop business opportunities in all areas of work.
- Over time and with appropriate training to move into new areas of work, involving research, analysis and report writing.
- Client Service
- To identify clients’ individual needs and act accordingly.
- To ensure that all promises made to clients are met whilst service standards and compliance responsibilities are maintained.
- To effectively manage clients’ expectations of service standards.
- To treat clients’ needs as top priority.
- Compliance / Regulatory Requirements
- To understand and adhere to the compliance requirements as expected by the Financial Services Authority. and line management.
- To understand and observe the requirements of the Data Protection Act, Health and Safety Regulations, Money Laundering Regulations, PIA and IMRO requirements.
- To identify escalating complaints which require intervention and identify FSA complaints (oral and written) and report them in the appropriate manner.
Other Areas of Responsibility:
- To take responsibility for own personal time management.
- To ensure that the throughput of work meets all deadlines.
- To provide timely feedback to the advisers in respect of any problem areas identified.
- To pro-actively deliver innovative ideas/suggestions for improvements to working practices.
- To take responsibility for ensuring that within the team all core service standards are achieved.
- To undertake self checking of all personal work.
- To recognise the need to keep costs to a minimum and to pass back ideas which can help improve service standards still further and reduce costs.
- To undertake additional duties as required to help with the smooth and effective running of the business.
The role will be to cover for maternity leave (6 months). Working hours are Monday to Friday 9.00 am to 5.00 pm with ½ an hour for lunch. Holiday entitlement 22 days pa (pro rata) Salary – for trainee £10,000 – although would consider someone more qualified and salary would be commensurate with experience.
Please contact Clare at ClareHyland@dqsfinancial.co.uk for details of how to apply.