Who we are
What information we collect and how
The information we collect via the Website may include:
- Any personal details you knowingly provide us with through forms and our email, such as name, address, telephone number etc.
- In order to effectively process credit or debit card transactions it may be necessary for the bank or card processing agency to verify your personal details for authorisation outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Such information will not be transferred out of the EEA for any other purpose.
- Your preferences and use of email updates, recorded by emails we send you (if you select to receive email updates on products and offers).
- Your IP Address, this is a string of numbers unique to your computer that is recorded by our web server when you request any page or component on the Website. This information is used to monitor your usage of the Website.
What we do with your information
Any personal information we collect from this website will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws. The details we collect will be used:
- To process your enquiry, to provide after sales service (we may pass your details to another organisation to supply/deliver products or services you have purchased and/or to provide after-sales service), to organise exams and awarding body registrations and to administer your course.
- In certain cases we will use your email address to send you information which we think will be useful to you in the progress of your course.
- We may need to pass the information we collect to other organisations for administrative purposes. We may use third parties to carry out certain activities, such as processing and sorting data, monitoring how customers use the Website, issuing our e-mails for us, credit management and general administrative processes that we do not carry out in-house. Third parties will not be allowed to use your personal information for any purpose other than that specified by us in our agreement with them.
- We may use your details to send you information about other products and services from the Lewis College Group or from carefully vetted third parties where we feel those products or services may be of value to you.
You have the right to request a copy of any information that we currently hold about you. In order to receive such information please send your contact details including address and payment of £10 to cover administration expenses to the following address:
The Data Controller
4 Palace Avenue
The vacancy adverts posted on our jobs board are written and validated by the recruitment agency, not by us. As such we offer no warranty or guarantee of any kind as to the accuracy of those postings. Furthermore we accept no liabiilty for any consequence arising from the posting of those adverts or any action taken by visitors to this website in response to those adverts.
Content of this Website
We endeavour to ensure that all information on this website is accurate and up to date. However nothing on this website may be construed as our making a contractual offer nor as being part of any subsequent contract. Furthermore we can accept no liability for the consequences of acting or not acting upon material on this website. In the event that information on this website differs from any information subsequently provided as response to an enquiry the enquirer should satisfy themselves of the actual facts by contacting the college for clarification.